Monday 4 May 2020

Our owl story continues...



The owlet that we rescued and then took it back to its habitat was spotted today with another owl. According to a friend - it probably wasn't a baby - maybe a young adult. C saw it perched on the same tree during his usual morning walk with Mishti (our dog) and was pleasantly surprised to see another owl next to it. After his walk his rushed back to the owls habitat - this time armed with his DSLR.

Just yesterday, I had felt a kind of heaviness in my heart when it wasn't to be seen anywhere when we were returning from our morning walk and I hadn't spotted it during our evening walk too. I hoped and prayed for its safety and convinced myself that it was probably somewhere higher up and was camouflaged by the tree.

I was thus super thrilled to see the owl pictures. I felt so touched by the ways of nature. A friend shared on my Facebook post of an Owl doodle, "Amazing. Owls are special. As an animal spirit totem, you are blessed to rescue a baby owl. Xx." It indeed felt special to be part of an owls life.

I so hope to see them both during our evening walk which I am sure to go for...just to see the owl and its partner. I hope they will be there and that they gaze into my eyes...like this one did when it was at home and when I went to meet it the day after we put it back in its habitat...


No comments:

Post a Comment