Sunday 26 April 2020

Lockdown diary 26 : Mangoes, doodling and a lot more


As I am on the verge of completing my third doodle, my thoughts wander around everything I have achieved during this lockdown. I have read books, written a blog post almost everyday,  since March 15, designed my blog, baked, cooked all kinds of dishes, I have doodled, watched movies, exercised, done a lot of washing and cleaning, donated money for those affected deeply by the lockdown, stood in line for hours together at the grocery and vegetable shop...the list seems endless.

The other thing on my mind are mangoes. My first box of mangoes arrived late evening - and I have to thank the well organized mango procurement endeavor of all the ladies living in my colony. They organized everything in perfection, payment, packing, acknowledgement of delivery. My belief, "aam ke liye kuch bhi karega" (anything for mangoes) strengthened. I have resisted my temptation and will be opening the box tomorrow morning. As it is - its going to take 2 to 3 days for them to ripen.

An hour long discussion with a friend on the self directed learning alliance got me thinking about terms such as multiple intelligences, democratic learning, experimentation and mistakes. I have just started thinking about what meanings do I assign to these terms and how relevant they are to self - directed learning?

Another hour long interview with a journalist from Indian Express got me talking about my journey so far as an unschooling parent and also my approach to unschooling. I kept referring back to the five post series on unschooling that I have posted on Facebook last week and now aptly compiled in this blog. One can check those posts here on this blog here.

I am now thinking about topics for my future posts. I have many ideas and some of them are:

  • Dealing with boredom - an unschoolers approach
  • Free learning - how does it happen?
  • Freedom and responsibility
  • Do I need to provide exposure to my child - an unschoolers prespective
  • Can I unschool? Dilemma of working parents
Tomorrow I start sharing my blog on various social media platforms. I am kind off nervous and excited at the same time...I do hope that people find my posts worthwhile and I do make some difference in the way they think...




No comments:

Post a Comment